Seattle, Burien, Renton, SeaTac, Tukwila, Des Moines, Federal Way, Normandy Park, Maple Valley, West Seattle, Kent
Burien WA Plumber
A few fixture brands I recommend
Click a link
Joe the Plumber is a reliable and personable plumber in Burien, WA. He specializes in drain cleaning, disposals pipe repair, faucet repair, and trouble shooting. Joe is experienced in all aspects of plumbing and is able to provide our customers with the best service possible. He is dependable, friendly, and always puts the customer's needs first. Joe the Plumber is the go-to guy for all your plumbing needs in the Burien area.
A little Burien History
Settlement in the Burien area dates to 1864, when George Ouellet (1831–1899), a French-Canadian born in Sainte-Marie-de-Beauce, Quebec, purchased his first of several land patents for homestead sites directly from a federal land office. Ouellet had first arrived in the Washington Territory at Port Madison on Bainbridge Island, off the Kitsap Peninsula, in 1858. Three years after purchasing his homestead in the Burien area, he married 14-year-old Elizabeth Cushner, who was born in the Washington Territory, and started a family. Several years later, the Ouellet family moved to the White River Valley, near Auburn.
A popular local tale recounts that an early settler named Mike Kelly gave the community its first name after he emerged from the trees and said, "This is truly a sunny dale." Today, a few long-time residents still refer to the Burien area as Sunnydale.
In 1884, Gottlieb Brian (1837–1902) and his wife Emma (Wurm) Brian (1840–1905), German immigrants from Hussinetz, Lower Silesia, who owned two taverns in downtown Seattle, arrived in Sunnydale. The tiny community was without improved roads or commercial buildings and was reached primarily by trails. Brian built a cabin on the southeast corner of Lake Burien and reportedly formed the community into a town bearing his name (misspelled over the years). A real estate office was built and soon attracted large numbers of new residents to Burien.
In the early 1900s, visitors from Seattle came by the Mosquito Fleet to Three Tree Point, just west of town, to sunbathe and swim.
In 1915, the Lake Burien Railway was completed. It ran on what is today Ambaum Boulevard from Burien to White Center to Seattle. A small passenger train ran the tracks and was affectionately named by the residents the Toonerville Trolley. However, in the summer, squished caterpillars made the track slippery, and in the winter, the tracks iced over. Soon the Toonerville Trolley was removed.