Seattle, Burien, Renton, SeaTac, Tukwila, Des Moines, Federal Way, Normandy Park, Maple Valley, West Seattle, Kent
Seattle's Green lake Plumber
A few fixture brands I recommend
Click a link
Joe the Plumber is a trusted name in plumbing services in the Green lake area. He specializes in clogged drains, pipe repair, faucet repair, disposals, and trouble shooting. His personable service and expertise have earned him a great reputation in the community. Joe the Plumber is the go-to for all your plumbing needs in Green lake. He can handle any job, big or small, from drain cleaning to pipe repair. For quality plumbing service, choose Joe the Plumber
Green Lake was given its modern name by David Phillips, who surveyed the area in September 1855 for the United States Surveyor General. His first notes referred to it as "Lake Green" because even in its natural state the lake is prone to algae blooms. The Duwamish called it dxWTLusH, a Lushootseed word of unknown meaning.
Green Lake in 2015 with blue line showing the shoreline in 1911 before the water level was lowered
The lake has a surface area of 259 acres (1.05 km2), a mean depth of 13 feet (4.0 m), and a maximum depth of 30 feet (9.1 m). The lake has been dredged in order to maintain its depth. Green Lake lacks both surface water inflows and outflows. It once drained into Lake Washington via Ravenna Creek, but in 1911 the water level was lowered by 7 feet (2.1 m) to create parkland, causing the creek to dry up between Green Lake and Cowen Park. Ravenna Boulevard and its wide, grassy median were constructed over the creek bed. The lake is now fed by rainfall, storm runoff, and Seattle's municipal water supply.
The area was originally homesteaded by various pioneers, the first being Erhart Sarfried, "Green Lake John." Sarfried subdivided his homestead in 1888 and sold the land to various entrepreneurs. W.D. Wood built an "amusement park" on the west side of the lake (which never amounted to more than a glorified lawn for picnics). On the east side of the lake, A.L. Parker logged the woods and built a sawmill. Edward C. Kilbourne built the first trolley line connecting the area to the city, the route of which is now Green Lake Way North. The trolley lines kept growing, until by 1910 they extended completely around the lake and a round trip could be made on a separate line going back to the city.